The Centro Nacional de Inteligencia honours the memory of those members who no longer work with us, and who taught us almost all we know. In a field as sensitive as that of an Intelligence Service, legacy acquires great importance, and we are aware that we are who we are thanks to the work of those who preceded us.
In this spirit, in 2011 the Association of Former Members of the Spanish Intelligence Service (AEMSIE) was created. The members of this association, similar to those that exist in most of the countries around us, are former members of the CNI. The AEMSIE carries out an important task, which can be summarised as follows:
- Maintaining bonds of friendship and solidarity among the former members of the Spanish Intelligence Service.
- Assisting its members in difficult personal or familiar situations.
- Contributing to maintain the image of the Spanish Intelligence Service, preserving its memory and claiming its contribution to the achievements of Spanish society.
- Providing support, when appropriate, to the Spanish Intelligence service.
- Establishing and maintaining, when appropriate, friendly relations with similar foreign associations.
- Contributing to disseminate the culture of Intelligence.
In order to achieve its purposes, the Association carries out the following activities:
- Organizing study groups and brainstorming.
- Organizing meetings, seminars and conferences.
- Periodically disseminating information bulletins.
- Encouraging research work on historical, technical, and other Intelligence-related issues.
This Association is organized and functions in a free, plural and democratic way, and its members are all equal. Former members of the Service who have been expelled or who are subject to judicial or administrative proceedings cannot join it.